I finally found the most succinct version of the TAO. There is much wisdom here. Take all you can use!! From,"Tao Te Ching" From Wikipedia: where they realize knowledge shared freely benefits us all!! hope this works.
* Force begets force.
* One whose needs are simple can fulfill them easily.
* Material wealth does not enrich the spirit.
* Self-absorption and self-importance are vain and self-destructive.
* Victory in war is not glorious and not to be celebrated, but stems from devastation, and is to be mourned.
* The harder one tries, the more resistance one creates for oneself.
* The more one acts in harmony with the universe (the Mother of the ten thousand things), the more one will achieve, with less effort.
* The truly wise make little of their own wisdom for the more they know, the more they realize how little they know.
* When we lose the fundamentals, we supplant them with increasingly inferior values which we pretend are the true values.
* Glorification of wealth, power and beauty beget crime, envy and shame. (vanity)
* The qualities of flexibility and suppleness, especially as exemplified by water, are superior to rigidity and strength.
* Everything is in its own time and place.
* Duality of nature that complements each other instead of competing with each other — the two faces of the same coin — one cannot exist without the other.
* The differences of opposite polarities — e.g., the differences between male and female, light and dark, strong and weak, etc. — help us to understand and appreciate the universe.
* Humility is the highest virtue.
* Knowing oneself is a virtue.
* Envy is our calamity; overindulgence is our plight.
* The more you go in search of an answer, the less you will understand.
* Know when it's time to stop. If you don't know then stop when you are done. (9